Maybe I should have called this blog "the real world". Every once in a while, I'll have a student try to bring up the fact that there's no reason in learning something if they won't be using it in the real world.
Let's talk about this real world. The more specifically you can answer the questions, the better.
1) Where do you go after you graduate?
2) What kind of career do you have?
3) How much money will you make?
4) Where will you live?
5) What does a typical day look like?
6) How is the world different than it is today?